Setting Up WizBot on Windows With the Updater¶
|Table of Contents|
|Starting the Bot|
|Manually Installing the Prerequisites from the Updater|
Note: If you want to make changes to WizBot's source code, please follow the From Source guide instead.
If you have Windows 7 or a 32-bit system, please refer to the From Source guide.
- Windows 8 or later (64-bit)
- .net5 SDK (restart Windows after installation)
- Redis (supplied with the updater)
- Create a Discord Bot application and invite the bot to your server.
- Notepad++ (makes it easier to edit your credentials)
- Visual C++ 2010 (x86) and Visual C++ 2017 (x64) (both are required if you want WizBot to play music - restart Windows after installation)
- Download and run the WizBot Updater. Currently not avaliable.
- Click on
Install Redisto install Redis.
- Select this option during the Redis installation:
- Click on
Install youtube-dlif you want music features.
- Click on
Updateand go through the installation wizard to install WizBot.
- When installation is finished, make sure the
Open credentials.jsonoption is checked.
If you happen to close the wizard with that option unchecked, you can easily find the credentials file in
Starting the bot¶
- Either click on
Launch Botbutton in the updater or run the bot via its desktop shortcut.
- Make sure WizBot is closed and not running
.die in a connected server to ensure it's not running).
- Open WizBot Updater
- If updates are available, you will be able to click on the Update button
- Launch the bot
- You've updated and are running again, easy as that!
If the updater fails to install the prerequisites for any reason¶
You can still install them manually:
- Redis Installer - Download and run the
- ffmpeg-32bit | ffmpeg-64bit - Download the appropriate version for your system (32 bit if you're running a 32 bit OS, or 64 if you're running a 64bit OS). Unzip it, and move
ffmpeg.exeto a path that's in your PATH environment variable.
- youtube-dl - Click to download the file. Then put
youtube-dl.exein a path that's in your PATH environment variable.