Creating and inviting the bot
Creating the Discord Bot application¶
This document aims to guide you through the process of creating a Discord account for your bot (the Discord Bot application), and inviting that account into your Discord server.
- Go to the Discord developer application page.
- Log in with your Discord account.
- Create an application.
- On the General Information tab, fill out the
Namefield (it's your app's name)
- Upload an image if you want and add an app description. (Optional)
- Go to the Bot tab on the left sidebar.
- Click on the
Add a Botbutton and confirm that you do want to add a bot to this app.
- Scroll down to the
Privileged Gateway Intentssection and enable both intents. These are required for a number of features to function properly, and should both be on.
Inviting your bot to your server¶
- On the General Information tab, copy your
Client IDfrom your applications page.
- Replace the
12345678in this link:
- The link should now look like this:
- Access that newly created link, pick your Discord server, click
Authorizeand confirm with the captcha at the end.
- The bot should have been added to your server.
Last update: November 14, 2020